It’s one big love affair
I never expected to fall in love, I fought it every night,
especially when I was young, found every
diversion technique you could find – its probably why I’m a chatterbox, I cleverly
distracted teachers using the same tactic when I didn’t’ want to do something
but I never ever expected to fall in love with my bed and I certainly didn’t
expect it to fall back in love with me.
Every morning it throws that duvet around me tightly and I sink
ever deeper into that luxurious mattress, feeling its warmth and tenderness and its hard to pull myself away, hard
to loosen its grip on me but it does have controlling tendencies while
nurturing me from broken sleep patterns throughout the night.
This morning it soothed my journey back from the Sahara
desert, it wasn’t dust articles I was having to worry about, it was the heat,
while everyone else is still wondering how Ophelia brought residue over from
the other side of the world, I’m wondering why she brought me and only me my
own eco system to cope with. Then when
you realise that the radiators in the house are on over and above that well it’s
like going on holiday without the pool, breeze or sun tan to show for it.
With my temperature regulating itself back to normality I’m
up and ready to face the day ahead but I’m still holding on to the clutch my
bed has over me – it’s a two sided love affair but it needs to end a little bit
earlier in the morning than it is right now.
Comments
Post a Comment