Rosie’s reached the menopause



Oh what a milestone, what a journey and what an awakening to realise that it’s not a recent development either, one whip of the knife and that was it but its only now, nearly eight years later that I’m really realising the effects.

What are the effects?  Well ladies Woolies might have closed their doors but they left behind the pick and mix ideaology.  Every day is a cheery wee delight and yet none of them seem to have an adorable soft delicious centre.  

Oh I try the law of attraction, I indulge in inspirational quotes, I practice the art of gratefulness but my inner voice is screaming for sugar, shoes, instant weight loss and the next fad to stroll off the conveyor belt on to the high street all stirred with a side (ahem magnum) of Prosecco of course. 

I’ve clocked more gym memberships than my old BMW’s mileage and devoured the marketing materials of every diet known to man while eating chocolate eclairs and denying the inches are being added internally instead of gliding off my hips.

As flippant as it seems I really didn’t know I was going through the menopause, I thought HRT delayed the process and that I would reach the ripe old age of meanopausalness in my 50’s,  why is that?  Why do we not talk about it?  Why do I feel like it must be other things that are wrong rather than speaking up about what’s really going on?

Of course I hit the menopause (from now on I’m referring to it as M) I have no reproduction system left so in hindsight why did I not know this, why didn’t I know that my life would change?  That my smile would disappear for a wee while (ok for quite a while) but I’m happy to say its back now.  Why didn’t I realise the change I was going through was natural.  Because I’ve been seriously giving myself a right hard time, worrying about every word I’ve ever spoken, paranoid that people don’t like me, self-conscious about socialising and mixing and that my once liberated take on life would be compromised.

It’s simple – we don’t talk about it.  Let’s start talking about it – Rosie may have reached the big M but she’s still in there. 

She’s coming back out to play and she’s dragging the big M kicking and screaming behind her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s one big love affair

Stick a pin in it!